miércoles, 19 de octubre de 2022

Post 4: Favorite TV show or serie

For me, it’s hard to choose a series that I would consider my favorite, because there not much where to choose from. Unlike with romance books, which are the ones that I enjoy. The kind of series that I like the most are those that present excellent character development, a good story without contradictions that is easy to comprehend. It also must have good pacing, since I get bored fast when I see the screen without doing anything else. For all these reasons, finding a good series is hard for me, however, the last year I finally found a series that matched with my expectations.

On December 12th 2021 a Thai series call "not me" premiered, which a lot of stir in social networks. The plot was normal, like classic soap operas, however, it had something different.

“Not me” tells us the history of two twins calls Black and White, who were separated at a young age, leading to them living very different lives, since White stayed with their father and Black with their mother. One night White receives the call from a childhood friend who tells him that his brother stayed in the hospital because someone close died. For this reason, White decides to swap places with Black and impersonate him to investigate who wants to kill him. It seems like a quite dramatic story, but it is not like that. The series is really a direct social criticism, because the brothers have very different ideals and social classes and when they change places, a child with a comfortable life replaces a revolutionary one. From this point on the series guides us in the discovery and change of mentality of this character, prompting us to debate on issues such as the abuse of power, the privileges of the wealthy class and even what is the appropriate way to peacefully protest.

It is an interesting and entertaining series, since all this social criticism never becomes dense, and it is very interesting how they connect it with the mystery of knowing who tried to kill the brother. Currently the same television house is broadcasting a series with very similar overtones called "The eclipse", it is certainly the next one that I will see during university recess.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Post 5: Time travel

Truly I don´t know if I would like to travel in the time, I have conflicting emotion, because I belive that back to the past would mean chan...